How is your body? Does your body perform for you in the ways that you would like it to? Do you maintain it in all of the ways necessary to have it last and work for many years to come? When is the last time you stood in front of a full length mirror and had a conversation with your body? Are you and your body on good speaking terms? Do you love your body? Do you listen?
Honoring and taking care of the body is one of the essential Vital Principles of healthy centenarians. When we lead with affirming actions regarding the body- things start to move into alignment in other areas of our lives as well. Your Vital Life Team believes that when beginning to initiate positive change in our lives- we must start with the body. Here are a few examples of things to be considered when taking care of the body:
- Rest!- How much sleep do you get? Sleep is an essential “reset” for the body.
- Exercise! – Our bodies need to move. We are designed to stretch, walk, dance, run & play.
- Eat real food!- Do you eat a healthy and well balanced diet? How many times a week do you share a meal with friends and family?
- Repair!- Sometimes we need to go in for repair or physical therapy!
- Laugh!- Belly laughs release endorphins and reduce high blood pressure and stress.
- Be Sexy and Sensual!- Not only are our bodies designed to enjoy the pleasure of the senses, we need to engage our senses and sexuality in order to thrive.
- Rebuild!- As we age, Body mass is an important essential for strength and endurance.
- Blood Panels!- Do you know what minerals and vitamins you are lacking?
- Hug and Hug again!- Have you hugged 14 people today? Hugs= Health!
- Hydrate!- The body is 50-75% water and needs at least 8 glasses of good water a day.
- Slow down!- Take naps and time outs! Our bodies are not designed to go full throttle 24/7.
- Breathe!- 5 deep breathes a day can eliminate significant stress in the mind and the body.
Contrary to popular belief- aging can be both controlled and manipulated. Current science and research confirms that aging is not determined by genetics alone- if at all. The things you do to care for your body matter. The quality of your entire existence is determined by the choices, actions and investments you make in your body daily. We think today is a great day to start building a body that will carry you for many vital years to come!
Here is today’s Vital Reset ReMINDer:
“Your body is precious. It is our vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care.” Buddha
My very best wishes for an exceptional day and to your long and vital life.